Job Title: Transcriber
Reports To: Communications Department
Status: Full Time
Position Summary: Communications is looking for a Purchasing Clerk with a passion to use their skills to bring the Gospel to the world. If you are sharp, self motivated, and innovative, come join our team.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
Job Specifics: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. A college degree and/or relevant business experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements: This position requires an individual who is able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time. Physical movement including but not limited to: bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, twisting of the upper body, pushing and/or pulling.
Working Conditions: Duties performed will require both indoor and occasionally outdoor environments. Duties must be fulfilled and applicant must remain focused and on task in either environment.
Hour of Work & Attendance: Normally scheduled working hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility in these hours will be required during Special Events. Travel may occasionally be required.
Lifestyle: Must adhere to the RHEMA Bible Church “Standards of Conduct” and “Staff Commitment”.
Background Check Required: Criminal Credit MVR
This job is not limited to the description above it is simply to give an overview of the functionality of the position. Managers are able to modify, and or assign tasks as needed for the department or event. All employees could be required to perform tasks not listed in this description.