Job Title: Transcriber
Reports To: Communications Department
Status: Full Time
Position Summary: Communications is looking for a Transcriptionist with a passion to use their skills to bring the Gospel to the world. If you are sharp, self motivated, and innovative, come join our team.
- Listening skills – transcribers need to listen carefully to audio recordings and interpret them appropriately
- Time management – transcribers must work quickly but efficiently, keeping tight deadlines and managing their time effectively
- Computer skills – word-processing software and audio players are tools that are regularly used by transcribers, so applicants for this role need to be comfortable using computers and different types of programs
- Detail oriented – transcribers need to spot inaccuracies and inconsistencies in final drafts, so attention to detail is key to being successful in this job
- Writing skills – in order to create accurate transcripts, transcribers need to have a good understanding of the English language and grammar
Job Specifics: Transcription requires a high degree of focus. The ability to concentrate and excellent short term memory are essential. Knowledge of Word and Excell, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize are crucial. A college degree and/or relevant business experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements: This position requires an individual who is able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time. Physical movement including but not limited to: bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, twisting of the upper body, pushing and/or pulling.
Working Conditions: Duties performed will require both indoor and occasionally outdoor environments. Duties must be fulfilled and applicant must remain focused and on task in either environment.
Hour of Work & Attendance: Normally scheduled working hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility in these hours will be required during Special Events. Travel may occasionally be required.
Lifestyle: Must adhere to the RHEMA Bible Church “Standards of Conduct” and “Staff Commitment”.
Background Check Required: Criminal Credit MVR
This job is not limited to the description above it is simply to give an overview of the functionality of the position. Managers are able to modify, and or assign tasks as needed for the department or event. All employees could be required to perform tasks not listed in this description.